"The town of Evant was first a settlement called Langford Cove, settled by Asa Langford and his family in 1855. Langford served as postmaster in the first post office, named Cove, established in February 1876. By the late 1850s, Langford had built a general store, a blacksmith shop, and a sawmill near the current site of the town.
City of Evant
An Alabama man named Evant Brooks purchased some 160 acres (0.65 km2) of land from Langford in the late 1870s. In 1881, Brooks had donated 60 acres (240,000 m2) of land "for sale and settlement as a town", and by 1884 the growing community changed its name to Evant in Brooks' honor. In the 1890s, the community had a cotton gin, three general stores, a gristmill, and a hotel. Evant's population was around 10 residents.
Evant continued to grow, reporting a peak population of 550 sometime in the 1950s. The town was formally incorporated in the mid-1970s." Evant, Texas Wikipedia Page